Friday, June 12, 2015

A Painful Truth 5 The Best Finisher Is

Hello, and welcome to the 5th episode of A Painful Truth! I�ll be taking a little break from my usual topics this week, but I�ll speak more on that shortly. I just want to say thanks for making this writing fun, and enjoyable. I look forward to writing my articles and since starting, my interest in WWE, and its shows, games and PPV�s has increased tenfold.

Last edition, I wrote about one of the greatest Factions to have worked in the WWE, who, at the peak of their power had all major titles on the Raw brand, which were male based. The stable launched the fledgling career of two big main eventers now, both who are involved in title feuds regularly, �The Animal� Batista and �The Legend Killer� Randy Orton.

Like I said in the opening paragraph, this week I will move away from my usual topic at the moment of tag and stables. I�ve recently been looking through some old WWE stuff, and I was amazed at how finishers have evolved for different characters, along the years. So,,, this article will be based on my top 10 finishers in the WWE today. I would like to point out, that this topic is quite a controversial topic, and that all these views are mine, not anyone else�s. If you disagree, well, feel free to post about it.

Forethoughts:

Before I start the list, I have to define what I think a good finisher has to have, to be defined as good.

I feel it has to be well named, to start with. There is a serious difference in hearing a commentator shouting:

�And there it is!!! The RKO!!!�
And
�There it is!!! The face driver!!!�

See my point,personalized bobblehead?!

It also has to be believable as a finisher. I don�t want to see someone like Rey Mysterio doing chokeslams or powerbombs, as it isn�t going to look right. But if Rey is doing stuff like the 619, all is well. The same goes for �illegal� finishers, like low blows or punts to the head. To start with, they�re good, as they look realistic,,, and they�re a bit gimmicky. However,custom bobble head, after the first few times, it quickly becomes repetitive and boring, except in certain situations.

The most important thing about a finisher though, is that it has to actually end matches. I know that realistically, the finishers hurt very little, if they hurt at all, but they have to at least look the part. Or, they have to have been built up enough by the WWE,customize bobblehead, to say it finishes matches. I�d ask any of you who thinks I�m wrong to take a Tombstone Piledriver, but I�d also ask you to take a chokeslam from Kane. One could definitely hurt someone quite badly; the other has been built up over the years as a finisher.

So, now that we have defined what a good finisher must include, we begin with the list!

The Finisher List:

10) Chokeslam � Kane
This is in here, for me, as an honourable mention, really. In spite of the fact it ticks all the boxes of things I just mentioned. This is no longer the finisher it once was. There was a time, when Kane hit the chokeslam and you�d know the match was over. And while it still ends matches now,Kids Swimming Lessons Why They Are Crucial, it is used in so many variants by others than �The Big Red Machine�, it has lost part of its charm for me, if I�m honest with you. I have to admit, though; when I see the Undertaker or Kane hold a Chokeslam, it still sends shivers down my spine!!!

9) Samoan Spike � Umaga
This move is one that baffles me, if I�m truly honest with you. Whilst the finisher looks absolutely deadly, and if it was done in real life, could quite easily kill someone,customized bobbleheads, I just don�t think it is used properly by the WWE. I don�t think it is sold well enough by the announce teams, and I don�t think the WWE use it the right way. I�d see it as a move that instantly ends matches, perhaps due to injury. Maybe it would be like when the Undertaker debuted his triangle like submission hold. However, I do think that it is a legitimate finisher, and deserves this spot.

8) Twist of Fate � Matt/Jeff Hardy
Perhaps one of the most iconic finishers in the list, I really like this finisher. It�s nice and simple,customized bobbleheads, especially when compared to some of the others I will mention, but it is a very believable and versatile. It isn�t the most �powerful� of finishers, and it lacks the element of ruthlessness like the Samoan Spike. But time after time, we see strings of attacks from both Jeff and Matt which contain counters of the move, back into the move, and so forth, and it always gets a huge pop from the fans.

7) Attitude Adjuster � John Cena
So many people hate Cena, and hate the Attitude Adjuster, formally known as the F U. So much of that hate is fake, and I think that people do it too fit in with the internet hate Cena has. However, as a finisher, the Attitude Adjuster ticks so many boxes. It�s quick, with a good setup, and it�s been built up by the WWE as something that actually ends matches. It can be used as a brilliant counter, and two moments stand out for me with it. When Cena returned at the Royal Rumble, and it was him Vs. Triple H at the end. Fast flowing, slick action, which was a joy to watch. The other, I�ll use for another finisher in the list!

6) Batista Bomb � Batista
This finisher is a big one. It ends a lot of matches, and it does, no matter what people say, it shows a good amount of strength. It really fits Batista�s character as well, I feel. Whilst it is a powerful, versatile finisher,Getting Started With A Pay Per Minute Phone Line, and I think it�s named well, it lacks a certain property that holds it back as a finisher. Perhaps it�s the way it has changed over the years,Horse Racing � Looking Back At Last Triple Crown Winner,custom bobbleheads, or just that it has become repetitive, I don�t know. However, in spite of that, I like the finisher as a whole, and it�s definitely better than anything he�s used before.

5) Tombstone Piledriver � The Undertaker
This one is top 5 for me, and it goes without saying. At times, I think this is pretty much the reason that The Undertaker has gone 17 0 at Wrestlemania. This one is a finisher that is so believable; it makes me think wrestling is real at times. Who would be able to kick out of a pin, after being dropped on their head by someone like The Undertaker? Another finisher that has been really built up by the WWE, it is so electrifying it gives me shivers at times. What more can I say?

4) Sweet Chin Music � Shawn Michaels
Surely you knew this one was coming! Whenever I see him tune up the band,custom bobblehead, it reminds me of why I like wrestling so much. We�re now getting into the finishers that I feel tick all the boxes, it�s just how well they do it. And there�s no doubt in my mind that this ticks all the boxes. It is believable, it can be hit out of nowhere, but most importantly, with this finisher, it sounds amazing. Whenever I hear: �Sweet Chin Music!!!� I know the match has to be over. I especially loved it when he was in DX, and he combined this with Triple H�s Pedigree.

3) Spear � Edge
Edge. The Ultimate Opportunist. Can there be a better finisher for him, than the spear? It can come out of nowhere,custom bobbleheads, and it can definitely end matches. But, it has something about it, just the fact it can be used from anywhere, through anything and on anyone, that makes it good. And it is that sort of thing that sets the top three from all the others. You never see a Batista Bomb hit the wrong person. But you do see a spear hit the wrong person, or get countered and Edge goes on to spear the ringpost. That ability to be used in different ways adds excitement to the finisher, and as such, I feel makes it better than so many others

2) Codebreaker � Chris Jericho
Maybe my opinion on this finisher is biased. Perhaps I�ve placed it higher than it should be,custom bobblehead, because of how much I love the move. There is only one finisher for me, which beats it. This is here,customize bobblehead, really, for the same reasons as Edge�s spear is there at number 3, but to me, the Codebreaker does it all better. I�d love to see Jericho in a ladder match, just think of the possibilities...

1) RKO � Randy Orton
This is it. The big one. The one that I feel, is the best finisher in the entire WWE. With so many ways it can be utilised, be it from out of thin air, or built up in the press up build up, or taking them by suprise, it makes it exhilarating to watch. The move itself is believable, and he executes it brilliantly. When I hear it from the commentators, it literally makes me know the match is over.

Remember how I said in the Attitude Adjuster section about 2 events that built that finisher up? Well, the second one is used for this finisher. Who remembers the Raw main event, when Triple H, Orton and Cena were all feuding for the title, where it was: John Cena and Randy Orton against the entire Raw Roster! The finisher spots were absolutely immense, and I recommend anyone who hasn�t seen it to search it on youtube. Once you�ve seen that match, I don�t see how you can have a shred of doubt in your mind, that the RKO isn�t the greatest finisher in the WWE,personalized bobble heads, today!

Afterthoughts:

Well, there we have it. I think I think surprised myself with some of my choices, if I�m completely honest with you. I expected to see some classics like; The Pedigree, The 619, The Swanton Bomb and The Go To Sleep. But, I just think that there are so many good finishers nowadays,personalized bobbleheads, that I couldn�t physically fit them all in, especially with some superstars, like Chris Jericho, having two finishers!

This article really got me thinking about finishers though,How To Buy Business Cards Online, and how vital they are to a wrestler�s character. Not only that, but how real finishers aren�t there to please the wrestlers,personalized bobbleheads, or be easy for them, but they�re there to please the fans, to make things entertaining. I was amazed at how much work goes into the finishers, how much dedication, time and care they put into making them good enough for the WWE.

Conclusion:

Well, there we have it, another issue of A Painful Truth drawing to a conclusion. I hope you enjoyed this article, even if you disagree with what I�ve said. Feel free to ask questions to me in the comments, or discuss.

I also, once again, need a topic for my next article. Any suggestions, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment