Sunday, May 17, 2015

DIY Floral Monograms

I know some of you have been waiting for this and I’,personalized bobble heads;m sorry I took so long to post but here goes… (Double click any of the photos to enlarge)

I was originally going to do this and I even cut it out and everything:

But then I decided after doing the ‘S’ and the ‘A’ that it would be too expensive doing another letter since each flower was a $1,customize bobblehead, so I tossed the ‘J’ out.

Here are the tools that I used (Everything bought at A,custom bobbleheads.C,Classifieds February 19, 2015,custom bobblehead,Hello from Mr. Bee. Moore):

Hot glue gun (I bought a hot glue bowl that you plug into the wall which I think is better for this project) Hot glue Styrofoam cutting knife / serated knife Scissors Wire cutters Floral wire Silk / any fake flower Styrofoam boards

First I blew up the letter that I wanted on Microsoft Word to about 500 font. When I printed it,Wedding Dresses for Green Wedding Theme,custom bobbleheads, it actually printed on 4 sheets of paper. I cut it out and stuck the template onto the styrofoam board with little pieces of the floral wire bent. Then I used my knife and cut the letter out. It gets really messy once you start cutting. If you have a wooden letter instead, I’d highly recommend that over the styrofoam. Also word of advice,custom bobblehead, don’t cut your letters too thin. The flowers will weigh down the styrofoam and cause it to break.

This is what it looked like after I cut it out:

Then I got my flowers and I popped the heads off:

Bunch up the flower so the petals don’,,;t get damaged and dip the bottom into the hot glue:

Then press the flower into the styrofoam. Be careful not to burn your fingers. The glue is very hot! I would actually start on the edges:

And once you’re done the edges work your way down starting from the top:

After you’re done you attach your ribbon,Short Beach Wedding Dresses for Your Big Day,personalized bobble heads. I used floral wire to hold it in place,.. You have to be really careful otherwise your wire could end up just chipping off pieces of the styrofoam. Voila! You’,personalized bobbleheads;re done!

(Without flash)

(With flash)

I will NEVER do this again,customized bobbleheads. It’,personalized bobbleheads;s very time consuming. If you’,personalized bobblehead;re coming to the wedding DO NOT TOUCHIE! They will break and then I will have to break you,custom bobblehead.

Tags: new-york BLOGGER Mrs. Ladybug Location: New York/Philadelphia Occupation: Full-time blogger from 7 pm to 12 am Wedding Date: April 2006 Venue: Ballroom at the Ben,customize bobblehead, Philadelphia --> PREVIOUS POSTGuess What We Did Last Night? NEXT POSTHappy St. Patrick's Day! Related Posts DIY Air Plant Boutonniere01/16/15 @ 1:59 pm She’s Crafty: DIY Aisle Runner10/02/14 @ 3:35 pm Classifieds: September 3, 201409/03/14 @ 2:52 pm DIY Centerpiece: How to Dress Up a Plain Square Vase09/22/14 @ 5:03 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment