Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Real Proposal

Ok, I might as well write about this now…*sigh*..so here goes nothing…

I know I wrote about my proposal before HOWEVER that was actually the 2nd proposal. My great, loving, boyfriend actually proposed to me twice. The reason why is because the first time he proposed he TO-TAL-LY FOCKED IT UP! So grab some popcorn cause here it is ladies… Oh and before I begin, even though there was a lot of swearing coming out of my mouth I never once raised my voice. I was very lady-like…a truck lady. Ok so here we go….

I believe it happened a month before the 2nd proposal. I was at work and his mom calls me. She tells me she bought me diamond earrings and a matching necklace and asked if I could come by after work to pick it up. I’m like “No, no you shouldn’t have” and she’s like “Well, I can’t return it now. I already paid for it so you might as well pick it up.” Good argument. Okay! So I call up C tell him the story and we decide to meet up with his parents for dinner after work.

We drive into queens and meet them at this Chinese-Korean restaurant that they like to eat at. After we’re done we’re just sitting around talking. My Korean’s limited so I know they just bought a juicer so i ask his dad “why don’t you make fruit juice?” he gives me this long answer about how fruit juice is good but vegetable juice is better for you,customized bobbleheads. So I go “What about strawberry juice?” “What about blueberry juice?” “What about apple juice?” I think I went through the entire fruit family. I think he likes talking to me,custom bobblehead. I think it amuses him,custom bobbleheads. It’s like talking to a little girl with below kindergarten level Korean.

So while we’re having this ever-so-fascinating conversation about juices, c is having a private conversation with his mom. Private? He was whispering. More like hissing. I hear something like “I’ll do it later.” and his mom hissed back, “Do it now while you’re father’s here.” then he taps me on the shoulder and goes “My mom wants me to show this to you now.” he whips out this dark wooden jewelry box and opens it up. Inside are a pair of diamond stud earrings, a matching diamond pendant necklace,Cleaning Vintage Wedding Dresses, and MY ENGAGEMENT RING.

Relax…relax… I turn to his mom and thank her for picking this up for us but she’s so excited and tells me to try on the ring. So I put it on and tell her how beautiful it is. His parents are beaming. I put it back in the box after trying it on for a little bit. We left shortly after that. His parents got in their car and drove off. C and I get into his car. I’m just sitting there staring, just staring out the window, while c is like la di da di da… Buckling his seatbelt and adjusting his jacket. Me? I’m just staring out the window thinking WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED? So as I’m still staring out the window i say really quietly…

Me: ,personalized bobbleheads..Was that the proposal?
C: What,Elleberella?
Me: Was that the proposal,customize bobblehead?
C: No baby,personalized bobblehead, no.
me: What about the proposal?

To my HORROR he takes the ring out of the box, grabs my left hand, slides the ring on my finger and goes with a big grin “Will you marry me?” I stare at my hand still in his then I slowly turn to look out the front window again

Me: Tell me this is a joke?
C: What? So is that like a no?
Me: That’,custom bobbleheads;s a hell no. Is this a joke?
C: No why? C’mon will you marry me? (He’s grinning at me! GRINNING!)
Me: Is this a fucking joke? Tell me this is a joke.
C: (Still smiling mind you) what’s wrong with this?
Me: ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU’RE SERIOUSLY ASKING ME THIS? YOU’RE SERIOUS?
C: Hahahaha what’s wrong with it baby? (DON’T BABY ME!!!)
Me: Um… we are sitting in your car parked outside of a Chinese take out restaurant in the middle of fucking queens,custom bobblehead. Are YOU SERIOUS?!
C: Well I …,Wedding Dresses for Green Wedding Theme;
Me: no. Nonononono… I’m giving you 1 month,customize bobblehead, 1 month. You are getting down on your fucking knees. None of this “The Korean man does not kneel before a woman bullshit, and waterfalls, I mean fucking waterfalls had BETTER be coming out of my eyes!
C: Hahahahahahaha ok fine, I’ll give you the knee thing,customized bobbleheads. You deserve that much.

Ladies?!! Hello? I have tortured that boy into watching every romantic comedy with me for the past 5 years. Have you not been taking notes? Do you have a death wish? Must I knee your testicles,.? I mean HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What da? Does he want me to kill him,,? Cause I’ll do it!

Then we drive off….
C: You wanna try it on?
Me: No.
C: C’mon babe!
Me: No! This never happened, I never saw the ring, and I will SPARE you the embarrassment and never tell anybody this story. Oh the shame!

He’s just laughing his hairy ass off. Hardy har…real funny you monkey. He actually found the whole thing funny. I shoulda bitch slapped his ass.

Me: Did you even ask my mom?
C: Um…,Blackhoundny; No I was going…
Me: WHAT,personalized bobbleheads? WHAT? WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS? HUN! You’re seriously killing me.

Sometimes I just wanna grab him and just shake him to death. Just shake him. Not even like a polaroid picture, more violently,personalized bobble heads, maybe even throw a pillow on his face and smother him for like an hour or two.

This explains why we were arguing about him kneeling in the 2nd proposal. Hahaha… I love him though. He’,personalized bobblehead;s my smile.

Tags: new-york BLOGGER Mrs. Ladybug Location: New York/Philadelphia Occupation: Full-time blogger from 7 pm to 12 am Wedding Date: April 2006 Venue: Ballroom at the Ben, Philadelphia --> PREVIOUS POSTTaxi! NEXT POSTFountain Decor Related Posts Classifieds: September 25, 201409/25/14 @ 2:05 pm Rounding Out the Wedding Party02/18/15 @ 8:02 am Classifieds: October 30, 201410/30/14 @ 2:05 pm A Wedding Day Timeline01/05/15 @ 6:55 am

No comments:

Post a Comment