Friday, May 8, 2015

Hazed &amp Confused #7 Interview With Player Uno

THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BEFORE WRESTLEMANIA, SO SOME THINGS MAY BE OUT OF DATE.

~~

Hello, good morning, afternoon and evening and once again welcome to another edition of Hazed & Confused.

This weekend brings to us one of the biggest annual events in wrestling to fans in Houston, Texas.
Yes thats right, its time for Ring Of Honor s Wrestlemania Weekend Spectacular!!

Oh, you thought I was gonna say something else? You mean theres another wrestling event happening in that same area? Must ve slipped my mind!

So, as I said, ROH have held their annual Wrestlemania Weekend shows in Houston, Texas on Friday and Saturday before Wrestlemania on Sunday evening.
As at the time of writing this article,A ' How To ' Primer On Canada's Government Loan . SBL Small Business Financing Makes Sense, only the Friday night event had taken place, results of which are as follows:
ROH Supercard Of Honor IV
Preshow Match 1. Alex Sugarfoot Payne & Andy Right Leg Ridge def Ninja Brown & Dirty Ernie Osiris
Preshow Match 2. Grizzly Redwood & Bushwhacker Luke def Don Juan & Andy Dalton
1. Erick Stevens def Rhett Addicted to Love Titus,custom bobbleheads.
2. Sweet & Sour Inc. of Chris Hero,custom bobbleheads, Eddie Edwards & Incognito def Jay Briscoe, Kevin Steen,personalized bobblehead, & Magno
3. Roderick Strong def Katsuhiko Nakajima.
4. Kamala v. Bobby Dempsey; No match, as both men beat up Shane Hagadorn.
5. Claudio Castagnoli def El Generico, Blue Demon Jr. and Brent Albright with Albright taking the pinfall.
6. American Dragon Bryan Danielson def Alex Koslov
7. D Lo Brown def Colt Cabana.
8,,. KENTA def Davey Richards to retain the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title.
9. Jimmy Jacobs & Austin Aries def Tyler Black & Necro Butcher
10. Jerry Lynn def Nigel McGuinness to become the eleventh and NEEEEW ROH World Champion.

So yes, a new ROH World Champion has been crowned in Jerry Lynn. Which came as quite a surprise to the fans in attendance as most didn t expect a title change to happen on these shows.

Something quite funny also happened at the show.
During the six man, the top rope broke. All hell broke loose improvising a new match, and they did as well as they could under the circumstances.
After the match, they had to shop the show for a few minutes to fix the ring (with a little help from Grizzly Redwood).
Someone in the crowd apparently had a cake for some reason,personalized bobblehead.
They get it out and this catches the attention of other people in the section, and then the announcer and the owner.
They ask to see the cake, which is crowdsurfed to the front, where the people at ringside sample the cake.
Then other people in the seats get jealous, so they start sending the cake around the seats. ALL the way around the seats.
The 3rd match gets started, but about halfway through the match, the cake has finally made a complete circuit, and the last section to get some starts up a chant: Thanks for the Cake! Thanks for the Cake!
Man.... great wrestling and free cake,customized bobbleheads! What else could one ask for?

Also, there was a show on Saturday night as well,Tiger S Wire To Wire PGA Victory Gets Short Circuited By Yang!, though at time of writing this event hasn t taken place yet but matches that were scheduled to take place are:
Ring of Honor presents Take No Prisoners
GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion KENTA & Tyler Black vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima & Austin Aries
Bryan Danielson vs,custom bobblehead. Jerry Lynn vs. Erick Stevens vs. D Lo Brown in a Four Corner Survival
Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Blue Demon Jr. & Brent Albright
Jimmy Jacobs vs. Necro Butcher in a No DQ War
Alex Koslov vs. Roderick Strong
Kevin Steen, El Generico, Jay Briscoe & Magno vs. The American Wolves, Chris Hero & Incognito
Colt Cabana vs. Ace Steel

So anyways, without further delay..... The Indy Interview!!!

Welcome to another Indy Interview here at Hazed & Confused, this week joining us is the Inter Species Wrestling Champion, CHIKARA wrestler and the other half of Super Smash Bros, Player Uno.
Uno, thank you for joining us this week.

We ve got a few questions for you about wrestling and your career and we shall finish up with a few random ones.

1)Firstly, for those who may be unfamiliar with you, could you give us some background information about yourself?
I m Player Uno, Canadian professional wrestler and video game fanatic!
I was trained by Wayne Cryderman (Crusher Klein), who was trained at and then was the trainer at Al Snow s Bodyslammers. I ve been in wrestling for 5 years now and hope to never be out.

2) What do you consider to be UNIQUE about yourself that differentiates you from other wrestlers?
I have a Nintendo controller on my pants. That alone makes me different.

3) Who do you consider to be the most influential people on your wrestling career?
The occasions where Kevin Steen beats the living heck out of me has probably been all the milestones of my short career. I ve learned a lot from them.

4) Which wrestlers do you see as being an inspiration to the wrestling business?
In an eventual time? I can t really tell you. I m certain most of the people who are on the independents at the moment are at least inspirational for one and other. I couldn t pick a dominant one though,personalized bobble heads.

5) What do you consider to be the greatest advice you have received in the wrestling business and from whom?
Shut up and listen. You d be surprised how much you learn when you just open your eyes to everything else.

6) What would you see as being highlights in your career to date?
Wrestling in the ECW arena for the first time was a good one. Winning the Inter Species Championship is no doubt another.
Being on MTV.com (for no reason,.,Rage Broadheads The Top Quality Product!) was pretty cool. Winning CHIKARA s tag championships was a great moment too.

7) Five years from now, where would you like to see your wrestling career?
Hopefully I ll just be on to bigger and better things,customize bobblehead, if not, as long as I m enjoying it, I have no reason to complain.

8) What type of training/conditioning do you do for wrestling?
I play a lot of video games. Recently though, I ve started to spend a lot of time at the gym, I go 3 to 4 days a week as well as swim a lot. Then I just play more video games.

9) What do you consider to be the best thing about being a wrestler?
Meeting new and interesting people and traveling. Wrestling brings to you the nicest, oddest, coolest, best and worst people on this planet and it s a hell of a lot of fun to share this experience with them.

10) What are your thoughts on the movie The Wrestler and its portrayal of the Indy circuit?
I loved it. Mickey Rourke did an amazing job in the movie, and I m glad it came down to him and not Nicholas Cage (who was originally going to have the lead).
As for it s portrayal of the Indy circuit? I think it s a perfect idea of what it looks like through the eyes of an ex star/veteran.

11) Are there any companies that you haven t yet worked for that you would like to?
I d love to work anywhere and everywhere. I d love to do something in Japan, that s for sure. I d love to do PWG and some more ROH too.

12) Who have you had the most fun working with or teaming with?
My tag partner, Stupefied, has always been fun to wrestle, on either side of the ring. I ve never had a horrible match with Cheech and Cloudy either, great talents.
Kevin Steen delivers some good beatings and brings out the best in me too.

13) And who,customized bobbleheads, that you haven t worked or teamed with yet would you like to?
There isn t anyone really that I can think of. I d really like to work anyone, and everyone. You can learn new things from anyone you wrestle with.
I d love to work Steve Corino or/and Jerry Lynn as I m sure I could learn a lot from them.

14) How did you come up with your gimmick and ring name?
The name was actually given by El Generico when I was looking for a character that suited me. He gave me a vague idea of what should happen with the name and I went with it. I ended up tweaking it a lot, but he s pretty much responsible for where I am today!

15) Any chance of using one of the old school Nintendo Power Gloves in a match?
I ve always wanted to use one. I m sure it ll come around soon enough, when the opportunity arises.

16) As someone who loves video games, what consoles / systems do you own and which is your favorite out of them?
I own a PS3, a X360, a Wii,customize bobblehead, a Dreamcast, several N64s, several Super Nintendo s, Several NES, 2 Sega Genesis, 1 16x, 2 Game Gears, a Gameboy,personalized bobbleheads, a Gameboy Color, a DS, a PSP and I ve got an Atari somewhere in my house.
As far as my favorite, all the Nintendo ones are tops. I also have a real soft spot for my Dreamcast. That may be because it s got so many arcade style fighting games on it.

17) You usually integrate game moves into your match. Any that you haven t done yet that you d like to?
I d love to do Zangief s double rolling german. I used to do Guile s flash kick, so maybe I ll bring that one back soon enough.
I m open for any suggestions though, as I am running out of ideas! haha

18) Favorite game series of all time?
I think outside of Mario, Zelda would take it. I can t think of any other series that has given me so many epic games and memories.

19) If you could meet one character from any game, who would it be?
Mario,A Brief Overview Of Track And Field Events, he s the mac daddy of all video games.

20) Have you got any of the WWE games, and have you made a CAW of yourself?
I own all of them, out side of the Legends series. I m not a fan of those. I hold No Mercy 64 (and it s Japanese equivalents Virtua Pro Wrestling 64 one and two) very close to my heart.
And yeah, I ve made myself a few times. I enjoy making other people though. I usually end up making a roster of other wrestlers for the hell of it. Create A Wrestler is the best option in any game, for sure.

21) Finally, any advice to people thinking about getting into the wrestling business?
Be patient. Things won t always go you way, you have to go out and take what s yours to take. Make sure you train at a good school, you don t want to give you money away only to be shown to wrestle improperly. Stay respectful and stay open.

And now for some less serious questions,personalized bobbleheads.

Favorite TV Show?
At the very moment, Dexter and It s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Favorite Movie?
I ve got a long list, and they re all in there for different reasons. Memento, Se7en, 8MM, Super Mario World, The Dark Knight, Fight Club,custom bobblehead, Snatch, Dogma, I

No comments:

Post a Comment